Friday, April 22, 2011

Interlude


Before we walked to our appointment with the reporter for Socialurin I was challenged to an arm wrestling match by one of Cafe Natur's patrons. He was a fisherman fresh off of a two week stretch at sea and was friendly and curious about us. We probably stood out like sore thumbs and even if we didn't, all one had to do was listen to us talk and we were pegged as foreigners.

When told that we were a film crew from Hawaii we were asked a question we would hear many times.

"Hawaii? Why would you come here from Hawaii?"

Somewhere in the middle of our explanation the gauntlet was thrown down and I found myself the representative of our table in an arm wrestling match. When they could not beat me right handed we switched to our off arms and went at it again. More beers were consumed by the participants. We were learning that the people of the Faroes were friendly to fault and good natured as a rule.

I didn't want to leave.


(to be continued...)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to leave either. Sounds like a fun place to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Madison,

    I have no doubt you would absolutely thrive there. Steeped in mythology, trails everywhere and people who know the value of life.

    Thanks for reading.

    Aloha,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete